The AFA has named its Adviser of the Year, Practice of the Year and Female Excellence in Advice award recipients for 2017.
The winners were announced on Friday as part of the AFA’s 40th annual national adviser conference on the Gold Coast.
The Adviser of the Year award was given to Charlie Fraser of Shadforth Financial Group, while MEDIQ Financial Services was recognised as the Practice of the Year. Both awards were sponsored by Zurich Financial Services Australia.
“Charlie is leading the profession, as is MEDIQ Financial Services, on so many fronts,” said AFA chief executive Phil Kewin.
“They are delivering genuinely life-changing advice to so many ordinary Australians, people who, given the current landscape, really need it.”
The 2017 Female Excellence in Advice award, a joint initiative between the AFA and TAL, was given to Lea Schodel of Queensland-based advice firm Wellthy, with Mr Kewin calling Ms Schodel an “inspiration” to her peers in the industry.
“Lea redefines financial advice that demonstrates a meaningful and tangible connection between personal and financial wellbeing,” he said.
Earlier in the week, the AFA named Mia Taylor of Evalesco Financial Services as the winner of its 2017 Rising Star award and Godfrey Phillips received the coveted award for longstanding contribution to the AFA community.
Michael Ward of Maxim Private Wealth was announced as the Excellence in Education Award winner, while Helen Russo of Encompass Wealth was Highly Commended in that category.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2018Government releases 2018 financial literacy strategyBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- view all