Technology itself is not a solution but requires collaboration to achieve strong user outcomes, says advice-focused fintech entrepreneur Kevin Liao of YTML.
Speaking at the inaugural Fintech Business Awards in Sydney on Friday, Mr Liao – who was a finalist for the Fintech Entrepreneur of the Year award – said collaboration is key when it comes to providing solutions to financial services clients.
“We do not believe technology in itself, is a solution. It requires a partnership between people and technology to create magic,” Mr Liao said. “YTML’s ability to collaborate and solve challenges in the financial services sector set it apart.”
YTML, which also was also recognised as a finalist in the categories of Software Innovator of the Year and Compliance Innovator of the Year, has grown from a start-up to a business with more than 30 staff and contracts with major financial institutions.
“We want to help the financial services industry be better by building and creating bespoke solutions that solve their business challenges,” he said. “This is a mission and we have a solid track record in now delivering on this.”
Mr Liao will be a speaker at the upcoming ifa Business Strategy Days. For more information visit https://www.ifa.com.au/business-strategy-day/
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all