Technology itself is not a solution but requires collaboration to achieve strong user outcomes, says advice-focused fintech entrepreneur Kevin Liao of YTML.
Speaking at the inaugural Fintech Business Awards in Sydney on Friday, Mr Liao – who was a finalist for the Fintech Entrepreneur of the Year award – said collaboration is key when it comes to providing solutions to financial services clients.
“We do not believe technology in itself, is a solution. It requires a partnership between people and technology to create magic,” Mr Liao said. “YTML’s ability to collaborate and solve challenges in the financial services sector set it apart.”
YTML, which also was also recognised as a finalist in the categories of Software Innovator of the Year and Compliance Innovator of the Year, has grown from a start-up to a business with more than 30 staff and contracts with major financial institutions.
“We want to help the financial services industry be better by building and creating bespoke solutions that solve their business challenges,” he said. “This is a mission and we have a solid track record in now delivering on this.”
Mr Liao will be a speaker at the upcoming ifa Business Strategy Days. For more information visit https://www.ifa.com.au/business-strategy-day/
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all