Aon has named a new director for its One Underwriting business, with former director Alison Smith moving in to a new role within the business’ broking arm.
Adam Cox, previously of Swiss Reinsurance Company, has been named as the new director of One Underwriting.
In a statement, Aon said Mr Cox will lead the business’ team of 30 underwriters and push the company’s “ambitious and strategic growth agenda”.
“Adam is an exceptional leader,” said Aon managing director of commercial and broking Pacific chairman James Baum.
“With over 27 years of industry experience he has an impressive track record in developing strategic business plans and delivering profitable growth. In hiring Adam, we're committing to developing new, innovative products and evolving our value proposition for our clients and our brokers.”
One Underwriting’s previous director, Alison Smith, has been appointed as Aon regional director for Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia.
Mr Baum described Ms Smith as an “integral member of Aon’s senior leadership”, adding he was confident in her ability to deliver “exceptional results” in her new role.
“Her management of the launch, rebrand and expanding product portfolio of One Underwriting has seen the company expand its underwriting capacity, broaden its product range and leverage Aon’s financial investment in data and analytics,” he said.
“This has enabled us, and our brokers, to stay ahead of the curve.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all