AIA Australia has announced it will be integrating health insurance into its Vitality wellness program.
The life insurer will be launching a new health insurance brand called myOwn later this year in collaboration with not-for-profit health fund GMHBA and South African financial services provider Discovery, it said in a statement.
myOwn will package AIA Vitality with its health insurance products so members involved in the Vitality program may be eligible for premium discounts and a range of rewards.
As part of the alliance, GMHBA will also offer AIA Vitality to its members.
“We are excited to be joining with GMHBA and Discovery who are proven local and global health insurance experts respectively,” AIA Australia and New Zealand chief executive Damien Mu said.
“With myOwn offering life and health insurance linked with AIA Vitality, we will not only help to financially protect but also to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians.”
GMHBA chief executive Mark Valena said the fund is delighted to be providing its members access to AIA’s Vitality program.
“This is a significant step forward for GMHBA, as not only will it provide a valuable point of difference for us as a fund, but it will also increase value for our members as they engage in a program that is orientated around a healthy lifestyle,” Mr Valena said.
Correction: the headline of this story has been amended to clarify AIA has added health insurance, not general insurance
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all