MLC Life Insurance has named its new leadership for its bancassurance, digital and direct team, following the recent strategic partnership between NAB and Nippon Life.
MLC chief customer officer for bancassurance, digital and direct insurance Anand Thomas will head the new team, comprising a mix of insurance professionals and domain experts in the area of digital and data science, according to a statement.
Key members of the leadership team include Tim Roso, who will be the head of digital, Glen Ryman, who will be the head of general manager data, analytics and CRM, and Michael Oliver, who will be the general manager of sales.
MLC head of product Nick Lethbridge, head of channel development Stephen Rosengren and head of transformation bancassurance Mouli Ganguly round out the appointments to the leadership team.
Mr Thomas said the recent acquisition of MLC by Nippon Life gives them the opportunity to put together such a strong team.
“The customer must be at the heart of everything we do,” he said.
“By improving our digital and data science capabilities and learning from other leading customer experience organisations, we hope to simplify and transform the experience we provide to our customer, our advisers and superannuation partners.
“Our goal is to be a truly customer-centric life insurer.”
In December last year, MLC Life Insurance commissioned a report investigating how big data can be used to revolutionise the sector.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all