Encouraging direct contact between a client and their insurer is critical in ensuring an adviser provides the best client support during claim time, says BT Financial Group.
Speaking at the Value of insurance for clients event hosted by BT’s gender diversity networking group, The Stella Network, BT retail claims manager Belinda Nicholson told advisers of the importance of lodging a claim as quickly as possible once the event has occurred.
“The quicker the claim has been notified, the quicker we’re able to provide support to them,” Ms Nicholson said.
“You already have that relationship with your client and we want you to remain involved throughout the claim, but, for us to actually provide that support, we need to be able to get direct access to speak with your clients.”
Ms Nicholson suggested advisers share with their clients the benefits of work, citing it as an important factor in a client’s overall health and wellbeing.
She also noted the importance of advisers exploring additional support options that are available for their clients.
“It’s really important that you understand as advisers the additional support that may be available to your clients,” Ms Nicholson said.
“Once you know what it is then you can obviously encourage your clients to actually utilise that. If you aren’t sure, then speak with a claims consultant to raise it with you.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers’ interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- view all