The AFA has made two key appointments to its team, including bringing on a former case manager for the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
In a statement, the association said it has hired Troy Nutley for the newly created role of senior adviser, policy and professionalism.
According to the AFA, Mr Nutley – a former case manager for FOS and consultant for Centrepoint Alliance – will be responsible for the research, development and documentation of the association's public policy and professionalism agenda.
Also joining the AFA in the role of general manager, financial operations, is Peter Windle.
Prior to joining the association, Mr Windle worked as chief operating officer for a number of financial services companies in Australia, and also had responsibilities across the Asia-Pacific region.
"[Mr Windle] brings with him a high level of financial management experience and business operations capability and is a welcome addition to the AFA's senior management team," AFA chief executive Brad Fox said.
"The AFA has continued to invest in our ability to meet the expectations of our rapidly growing membership, and particularly to support policy and professionalism to stay ahead of the regulatory curve."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all