The AFA has made two key appointments to its team, including bringing on a former case manager for the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
In a statement, the association said it has hired Troy Nutley for the newly created role of senior adviser, policy and professionalism.
According to the AFA, Mr Nutley – a former case manager for FOS and consultant for Centrepoint Alliance – will be responsible for the research, development and documentation of the association's public policy and professionalism agenda.
Also joining the AFA in the role of general manager, financial operations, is Peter Windle.
Prior to joining the association, Mr Windle worked as chief operating officer for a number of financial services companies in Australia, and also had responsibilities across the Asia-Pacific region.
"[Mr Windle] brings with him a high level of financial management experience and business operations capability and is a welcome addition to the AFA's senior management team," AFA chief executive Brad Fox said.
"The AFA has continued to invest in our ability to meet the expectations of our rapidly growing membership, and particularly to support policy and professionalism to stay ahead of the regulatory curve."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all