Suncorp has announced that Andrew Mair, executive general manager, commercial insurance distribution, will take up the reins of its life insurance distribution business.
Effective March 9, Mr Mair will have responsibility for distribution of Suncorp Life products through the affiliated advice businesses, Asteron Life and the direct-to-consumer business.
He has been with the Suncorp Group for six years, following a 20-year stint at Zurich.
“For the last five years, Andrew has held the role of EGM Commercial Insurance (CI) Distribution, responsible for Suncorp CI’s intermediated businesses and he has a deep experience across the Group’s portfolio of brands,” said Suncorp Life chief executive Geoff Summerhayes.
“The life industry is facing challenging conditions which require fundamental changes from the industry players. Suncorp Life is committed to long-term improvements to its customer and adviser offering to improve sustainability and Andrew is a key appointment to help us navigate the challenges and opportunities ahead.
“Andrew has exceptional leadership skills in managing through significant industry change, with particular skills in building successful partnerships with brokers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Advisers granted statutory declaration rightsBy Adrian Flores
- view all