Understanding and implementing AdviceTech is arguably as important as hiring the right staff or finding the right referral partners. But with the rapid rate of new technologies, it is sometimes difficult for the advice community to keep up.
For this reason, Netwealth is conducting its second AdviceTech survey, where we examine over 26 categories used by advice businesses. To complete the survey, click here.
In this report we identify current and future adoption rates to help you benchmark your business’ “tech adoption”. Within each technology category we’ll also highlight which tech providers are most widely used, providing you with practical insights to help you on your AdviceTech journey.
Last year we found:
- 43 per cent of advisers use cash flow and budgeting tools, 52 per cent use virtual online meeting tools and 35 per cent had adopted managed accounts in their business;
- Alarmingly, 30 per cent of advisers rarely or never update their website regularly;
- Only 3 per cent of advisers had adopted robo investment technology; and
- When it came to looking towards the future of advice, over a third of advisers identified managed accounts (38 per cent), robo-advice (38 per cent) and scaled advice (37 per cent) as the technologies set to make the biggest impact within the industry over the next five years.
This year we’ve added a few new technologies to the survey, as we look to keep you on top of emerging trends and the latest business solutions. These include an investigation of digital advertising tools, and a deep-dive into managed accounts, scaled advice and cash flow and budgeting tools.
Could it be that we will see a shift in this year’s results? With so much media focus on cryptocurrencies, could that top the list of most disruptive technologies in the next five years? Perhaps advisers are more familiar with robo-advice and have incorporated it into their current advice model? Will RegTech become more mainstream?
Netwealth and ifa invite you to be an early recipient of the report by completing the 2018 AdviceTech survey here.
We are excited to learn how the AdviceTech landscape has evolved over the past 12 months, and we look forward to sharing our findings with you.
Matt Heine is the joint managing director of financial technology company Netwealth.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all