According to a ranking compiled by US employment search engine Career Cast, financial planning is the world’s fifth best job, based on criteria of income, stress levels, outlook and work environment.
The report placed the overall score of the financial planning profession at 159, scoring 19 points out of 100 for stress, 32 points out of 100 for hiring outlook and 49 out of 100 for positive work environment.
The average salary was listed as US$107,222 ($104,568), which was higher than the other top four jobs, which were actuary (1), biomedical engineer (2), software engineer (3) and audiologist (4).
Meanwhile, journalists fared less well, with ‘newspaper reporter’ attaining the bottom ranking of 200, below ‘bartender’, ‘lumberjack’ and ‘maid’.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 11:29CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 11:25ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018Former adviser convicted for dishonest conductBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- view all