According to a ranking compiled by US employment search engine Career Cast, financial planning is the world’s fifth best job, based on criteria of income, stress levels, outlook and work environment.
The report placed the overall score of the financial planning profession at 159, scoring 19 points out of 100 for stress, 32 points out of 100 for hiring outlook and 49 out of 100 for positive work environment.
The average salary was listed as US$107,222 ($104,568), which was higher than the other top four jobs, which were actuary (1), biomedical engineer (2), software engineer (3) and audiologist (4).
Meanwhile, journalists fared less well, with ‘newspaper reporter’ attaining the bottom ranking of 200, below ‘bartender’, ‘lumberjack’ and ‘maid’.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Dec 2018AMP challenged by ASIC on fees for service conductBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Dec 2018Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- view all