According to a ranking compiled by US employment search engine Career Cast, financial planning is the world’s fifth best job, based on criteria of income, stress levels, outlook and work environment.
The report placed the overall score of the financial planning profession at 159, scoring 19 points out of 100 for stress, 32 points out of 100 for hiring outlook and 49 out of 100 for positive work environment.
The average salary was listed as US$107,222 ($104,568), which was higher than the other top four jobs, which were actuary (1), biomedical engineer (2), software engineer (3) and audiologist (4).
Meanwhile, journalists fared less well, with ‘newspaper reporter’ attaining the bottom ranking of 200, below ‘bartender’, ‘lumberjack’ and ‘maid’.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all