According to a ranking compiled by US employment search engine Career Cast, financial planning is the world’s fifth best job, based on criteria of income, stress levels, outlook and work environment.
The report placed the overall score of the financial planning profession at 159, scoring 19 points out of 100 for stress, 32 points out of 100 for hiring outlook and 49 out of 100 for positive work environment.
The average salary was listed as US$107,222 ($104,568), which was higher than the other top four jobs, which were actuary (1), biomedical engineer (2), software engineer (3) and audiologist (4).
Meanwhile, journalists fared less well, with ‘newspaper reporter’ attaining the bottom ranking of 200, below ‘bartender’, ‘lumberjack’ and ‘maid’.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all