Highlighting AMP’s focus on the self-managed superannuation sector, the financial services giant has recruited leading SMSF technical expert Peter Burgess.
A former national technical director of the SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia (SPAA), Burgess joined AMP’s SMSF business unit and will be responsible for “interpreting SMSF legislation to inform the development of SMSF advice strategies and technical support materials for AMP’s aligned planner network”, according to a statement.
SMSF managing director Paul Sainsbury said the move reflects AMP’s ambitions in the sector: “I am delighted to have Peter on board,” he said. “He has a strong reputation in the industry and among trustees as an authority on SMSF policy and technical support.”
SPAA’s CEO, Andrea Slattery, said while her organisation is sad about Burgess's departure, the recruitment is a “feather in SPAA's cap”.
“It is a testament to SPAA that an organisation of the reputation of AMP has appointed Peter to such a significant position in their company, and we look forward to continuing our relationship with Peter through involvement on our regulatory committee and industry-leading SMSF national conference," she said.
Burgess has been replaced by SPAA’s former director of education and professional standards, Graeme Colley.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all