Highlighting AMP’s focus on the self-managed superannuation sector, the financial services giant has recruited leading SMSF technical expert Peter Burgess.
A former national technical director of the SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia (SPAA), Burgess joined AMP’s SMSF business unit and will be responsible for “interpreting SMSF legislation to inform the development of SMSF advice strategies and technical support materials for AMP’s aligned planner network”, according to a statement.
SMSF managing director Paul Sainsbury said the move reflects AMP’s ambitions in the sector: “I am delighted to have Peter on board,” he said. “He has a strong reputation in the industry and among trustees as an authority on SMSF policy and technical support.”
SPAA’s CEO, Andrea Slattery, said while her organisation is sad about Burgess's departure, the recruitment is a “feather in SPAA's cap”.
“It is a testament to SPAA that an organisation of the reputation of AMP has appointed Peter to such a significant position in their company, and we look forward to continuing our relationship with Peter through involvement on our regulatory committee and industry-leading SMSF national conference," she said.
Burgess has been replaced by SPAA’s former director of education and professional standards, Graeme Colley.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- 17 Jul 2018Infocus makes two senior appointmentsBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Jul 2018Fitzpatricks appoints new CFOBy Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018Clients to benefit from commission ban: PollBy Killian Plastow
- view all