Gold Coast-based entrepreneur Robbie Bennetts – known in financial planning circles as one of the founders and former CEO, strategy and development, of Professional Investment Services (PIS) – has emerged as a key sponsor of Australian golf pro Steven Jeffress’s entry into the 2014 British Open Championship, to be held in Scotland in July.
“Steven’s achievement is just fantastic for Australian golf and is completely deserved,” Bennetts said. “No one is more dedicated to the hard grind of practice and looking for every minute improvement in his game.
“I’m thrilled for Steven and his family and am delighted that our sponsorship has played a small part in helping him achieve the goal of a lifetime,” he added.
Jeffress is one of two Australian golfers to qualify for the championship, following his score of nine under par in the 36-hole qualifying round held at the Kingston Heath Golf Club in Melbourne on January 30.
“It’s pretty impressive – it probably hasn’t even sunk in yet – it’s going to be great, it’s going to be unbelievable,” Jeffress said following the round.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all