Gold Coast-based entrepreneur Robbie Bennetts – known in financial planning circles as one of the founders and former CEO, strategy and development, of Professional Investment Services (PIS) – has emerged as a key sponsor of Australian golf pro Steven Jeffress’s entry into the 2014 British Open Championship, to be held in Scotland in July.
“Steven’s achievement is just fantastic for Australian golf and is completely deserved,” Bennetts said. “No one is more dedicated to the hard grind of practice and looking for every minute improvement in his game.
“I’m thrilled for Steven and his family and am delighted that our sponsorship has played a small part in helping him achieve the goal of a lifetime,” he added.
Jeffress is one of two Australian golfers to qualify for the championship, following his score of nine under par in the 36-hole qualifying round held at the Kingston Heath Golf Club in Melbourne on January 30.
“It’s pretty impressive – it probably hasn’t even sunk in yet – it’s going to be great, it’s going to be unbelievable,” Jeffress said following the round.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all