Gold Coast-based entrepreneur Robbie Bennetts – known in financial planning circles as one of the founders and former CEO, strategy and development, of Professional Investment Services (PIS) – has emerged as a key sponsor of Australian golf pro Steven Jeffress’s entry into the 2014 British Open Championship, to be held in Scotland in July.
“Steven’s achievement is just fantastic for Australian golf and is completely deserved,” Bennetts said. “No one is more dedicated to the hard grind of practice and looking for every minute improvement in his game.
“I’m thrilled for Steven and his family and am delighted that our sponsorship has played a small part in helping him achieve the goal of a lifetime,” he added.
Jeffress is one of two Australian golfers to qualify for the championship, following his score of nine under par in the 36-hole qualifying round held at the Kingston Heath Golf Club in Melbourne on January 30.
“It’s pretty impressive – it probably hasn’t even sunk in yet – it’s going to be great, it’s going to be unbelievable,” Jeffress said following the round.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:32Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 10:35Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- view all