Gold Coast-based entrepreneur Robbie Bennetts – known in financial planning circles as one of the founders and former CEO, strategy and development, of Professional Investment Services (PIS) – has emerged as a key sponsor of Australian golf pro Steven Jeffress’s entry into the 2014 British Open Championship, to be held in Scotland in July.
“Steven’s achievement is just fantastic for Australian golf and is completely deserved,” Bennetts said. “No one is more dedicated to the hard grind of practice and looking for every minute improvement in his game.
“I’m thrilled for Steven and his family and am delighted that our sponsorship has played a small part in helping him achieve the goal of a lifetime,” he added.
Jeffress is one of two Australian golfers to qualify for the championship, following his score of nine under par in the 36-hole qualifying round held at the Kingston Heath Golf Club in Melbourne on January 30.
“It’s pretty impressive – it probably hasn’t even sunk in yet – it’s going to be great, it’s going to be unbelievable,” Jeffress said following the round.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jul 2018Advisers must take early action on techBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Jul 2018Two million Australians seeking advice: Roy MorganBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Jul 2018Client numbers continue to fall: researchBy Tim Stewart
- 18 Jul 2018Banks continue to exit SMSF lendingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- view all