Financial advisers may benefit from the work of a new Financial Markets Research Centre (FMRC) launched at the Australian Securities Exchange in December.
An initiative of the federal government’s Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC), the FMRC will provide research for the financial services industry and public service on the impact of regulatory, technological and behavioural changes in Australian financial markets.
“This centre is an outstanding demonstration of Australia’s commitment to separating fact from fiction when it comes to market integrity,” said CMCRC’s CEO, Professor Alex Frino, who will head the FMRC.
Senator Chris Evans, federal minister for tertiary education, skills, science and research – who officially launched the FMRC – said the finance industry and broader economy will be assisted by the research conducted at the centre.
“Australia’s ambition to be a world-leading financial centre has been strengthened with the launch of the FMRC,” Senator Evans said
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all