Financial advisers may benefit from the work of a new Financial Markets Research Centre (FMRC) launched at the Australian Securities Exchange in December.
An initiative of the federal government’s Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC), the FMRC will provide research for the financial services industry and public service on the impact of regulatory, technological and behavioural changes in Australian financial markets.
“This centre is an outstanding demonstration of Australia’s commitment to separating fact from fiction when it comes to market integrity,” said CMCRC’s CEO, Professor Alex Frino, who will head the FMRC.
Senator Chris Evans, federal minister for tertiary education, skills, science and research – who officially launched the FMRC – said the finance industry and broader economy will be assisted by the research conducted at the centre.
“Australia’s ambition to be a world-leading financial centre has been strengthened with the launch of the FMRC,” Senator Evans said
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all