Financial advisers may benefit from the work of a new Financial Markets Research Centre (FMRC) launched at the Australian Securities Exchange in December.
An initiative of the federal government’s Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC), the FMRC will provide research for the financial services industry and public service on the impact of regulatory, technological and behavioural changes in Australian financial markets.
“This centre is an outstanding demonstration of Australia’s commitment to separating fact from fiction when it comes to market integrity,” said CMCRC’s CEO, Professor Alex Frino, who will head the FMRC.
Senator Chris Evans, federal minister for tertiary education, skills, science and research – who officially launched the FMRC – said the finance industry and broader economy will be assisted by the research conducted at the centre.
“Australia’s ambition to be a world-leading financial centre has been strengthened with the launch of the FMRC,” Senator Evans said
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all