Financial advisers may benefit from the work of a new Financial Markets Research Centre (FMRC) launched at the Australian Securities Exchange in December.
An initiative of the federal government’s Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC), the FMRC will provide research for the financial services industry and public service on the impact of regulatory, technological and behavioural changes in Australian financial markets.
“This centre is an outstanding demonstration of Australia’s commitment to separating fact from fiction when it comes to market integrity,” said CMCRC’s CEO, Professor Alex Frino, who will head the FMRC.
Senator Chris Evans, federal minister for tertiary education, skills, science and research – who officially launched the FMRC – said the finance industry and broader economy will be assisted by the research conducted at the centre.
“Australia’s ambition to be a world-leading financial centre has been strengthened with the launch of the FMRC,” Senator Evans said
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all