Financial advisers may benefit from the work of a new Financial Markets Research Centre (FMRC) launched at the Australian Securities Exchange in December.
An initiative of the federal government’s Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC), the FMRC will provide research for the financial services industry and public service on the impact of regulatory, technological and behavioural changes in Australian financial markets.
“This centre is an outstanding demonstration of Australia’s commitment to separating fact from fiction when it comes to market integrity,” said CMCRC’s CEO, Professor Alex Frino, who will head the FMRC.
Senator Chris Evans, federal minister for tertiary education, skills, science and research – who officially launched the FMRC – said the finance industry and broader economy will be assisted by the research conducted at the centre.
“Australia’s ambition to be a world-leading financial centre has been strengthened with the launch of the FMRC,” Senator Evans said
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all