A 4,330KM journey is a far stretch for any seasoned traveller, but doing it in eight days on a motorbike seems downright impossible.
However, this is what John Burke, head of strategic accounts, and Darren Stevens, director of strategy, at Bravura Solutions will be doing this November to raise money for Alzheimer’s Australia.
In the spirit of the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) Conference’s 2013 theme ‘beyond the horizon’, the pair will literally cross the nation to arrive at the ASFA 2013 National Conference in Perth, and are looking to raise $1 for every kilometre travelled in the process.
“A key purpose of our industry is to provide for Australians when they stop working. This really means ensuring quality of life in old age,” Mr Burke said. “Deloitte Access Economics reports that by 2050 almost one million Australians will be living with dementia – most of those will be members of super funds that are governed, administered and run by the members of ASFA.”
Both Mr Burke and Mr Stevens said they hope their ride across the country will not only raise much needed funds for Alzheimer’s research but also create awareness within the wealth management community.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- 17 Jul 2018Infocus makes two senior appointmentsBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Jul 2018Fitzpatricks appoints new CFOBy Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018Clients to benefit from commission ban: PollBy Killian Plastow
- view all