NOMINEES FOR the 2013 AFA Adviser of the Year (AOTY) awards have been unveiled, signalling the rigorous judging process has just begun for 12 financial advice firms.
The 2013 nominees are Jeff Thurecht (Evalesco Financial Services); Peter Kirby (Life Risk Management); David Clark (Clark Pacific Financial Services); Russell Cain (Xlife); Bill Bracey (Sydney Financial Planning); Paul Roberts (SAM Group); Kate Edgar (CBD Financial Services); Glen Corcoran (Focused Lifestyle Planning Pty Ltd); Michael Misiti (Smart Financial); Mark Alexander (Crosbie Warren Sinclair Wealth Management); Chris Bates (Property Planning); and Jason Ruse (Innovative Wealth Management).
Association of Financial Advisers chief executive Brad Fox told ifa the awards are a chance to focus on the industry’s positives. “Despite all the pressure our industry has been under over the past five years from the GFC to FOFA and all related issues, there are still advisers out there doing a great job,” Mr Fox said.
“The AOTY is all about shining a light on those that are our best players, and that helps to raise the bar across the industry and other advisers can aspire to be like them,” he added.
The winner will be announced in October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all