Industry Super Australia has made an internal promotion to replace outgoing chief executive David Whiteley.
ISA has promoted its chief operations officer Bernie Dean to the top role, effective from 1 September 2018.
Mr Dean, who is currently the chief operating officer of ISA, will replace long-serving CEO David Whiteley, whose departure was announced on 13 April 2018.
Mr Whiteley will be joining IFM Investors as global head of external relations in September.
Mr Dean is a former Victorian public servant and has held positions at WorkSafe Victoria and the department of former Victorian premier Steve Bracks.
Commenting on his Mr Dean's appointment, ISA chair Peter Collins said, "Bernie’s commitment to improving the quality of retirement of all Australian workers is paramount.
“During his time at ISA, Bernie has led a series of ground-breaking campaigns, including ‘Compare the Pair’, ‘In good hands’ and ‘Banks aren’t super’.
“More broadly, Bernie has experience working with governments, employers and trade unions, and is well-known among industry super funds.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Jan 2019Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 24 Jan 2019Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 24 Jan 2019Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all