Industry Super Australia has made an internal promotion to replace outgoing chief executive David Whiteley.
ISA has promoted its chief operations officer Bernie Dean to the top role, effective from 1 September 2018.
Mr Dean, who is currently the chief operating officer of ISA, will replace long-serving CEO David Whiteley, whose departure was announced on 13 April 2018.
Mr Whiteley will be joining IFM Investors as global head of external relations in September.
Mr Dean is a former Victorian public servant and has held positions at WorkSafe Victoria and the department of former Victorian premier Steve Bracks.
Commenting on his Mr Dean's appointment, ISA chair Peter Collins said, "Bernie’s commitment to improving the quality of retirement of all Australian workers is paramount.
“During his time at ISA, Bernie has led a series of ground-breaking campaigns, including ‘Compare the Pair’, ‘In good hands’ and ‘Banks aren’t super’.
“More broadly, Bernie has experience working with governments, employers and trade unions, and is well-known among industry super funds.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all