Colonial First State has added T. Rowe Price’s actively managed Australian equity strategy to its FirstChoice platform.
The fund is intended to give investors “access to a high conviction portfolio that seeks to identify high quality growing companies”, T. Rowe Price said in a statement.
T. Rowe Price head of Australian equities Randal Jenneke said the fund draws on proprietary research to find companies with solid growth prospects.
“Active management is critical to generating attractive return potential, particularly in a more volatile market environment,” Mr Jenneke said.
“Our quality growth framework and valuation discipline helps to identify companies that have the potential to grow faster than the market with an attractive rate of return, but also importantly offers downside capital management, due to lower drawdowns in periods where the equity market sells off.”
The inclusion of the Australian equity fund marks the second T. Rowe Price fund to be added to the FirstChoice platform, following the addition of the company’s global growth equity strategy in 2016.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all