Colonial First State has added T. Rowe Price’s actively managed Australian equity strategy to its FirstChoice platform.
The fund is intended to give investors “access to a high conviction portfolio that seeks to identify high quality growing companies”, T. Rowe Price said in a statement.
T. Rowe Price head of Australian equities Randal Jenneke said the fund draws on proprietary research to find companies with solid growth prospects.
“Active management is critical to generating attractive return potential, particularly in a more volatile market environment,” Mr Jenneke said.
“Our quality growth framework and valuation discipline helps to identify companies that have the potential to grow faster than the market with an attractive rate of return, but also importantly offers downside capital management, due to lower drawdowns in periods where the equity market sells off.”
The inclusion of the Australian equity fund marks the second T. Rowe Price fund to be added to the FirstChoice platform, following the addition of the company’s global growth equity strategy in 2016.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all