After his departure from FASEA, outgoing CEO Deen Sanders is set to join big four accounting firm Deloitte.
FASEA announced Dr Sanders’ departure yesterday, saying that he will be continuing his "long-standing career in professional services".
Dr Sanders has now confirmed to ifa sister title Accountants Daily that he was offered a role in the Deloitte partnership, to work on new business in the conduct area, including financial advice transformation and professional standards.
Dr Mark Brimble, head of the finance and financial planning division at Griffith University and a FASEA board member, has been appointed acting managing director while FASEA searches for a new permanent CEO.
Accountants Daily understands Dr Sanders handed in his resignation weeks ago.
Deloitte could not respond to requests for comment by deadline.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all