After his departure from FASEA, outgoing CEO Deen Sanders is set to join big four accounting firm Deloitte.
FASEA announced Dr Sanders’ departure yesterday, saying that he will be continuing his "long-standing career in professional services".
Dr Sanders has now confirmed to ifa sister title Accountants Daily that he was offered a role in the Deloitte partnership, to work on new business in the conduct area, including financial advice transformation and professional standards.
Dr Mark Brimble, head of the finance and financial planning division at Griffith University and a FASEA board member, has been appointed acting managing director while FASEA searches for a new permanent CEO.
Accountants Daily understands Dr Sanders handed in his resignation weeks ago.
Deloitte could not respond to requests for comment by deadline.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2018Queensland man charged over 'false' AFSL documentsBy Reporter
- 24 Oct 2018Accountants compromised by FASEA standardsBy Jotham Lian
- 24 Oct 2018Robo-advice register aims to bridge client service gapBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Oct 2018Platform provider remains ahead of the packBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Oct 2018Wentworth loss opens Coalition to FASEA changesBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- view all