After his departure from FASEA, outgoing CEO Deen Sanders is set to join big four accounting firm Deloitte.
FASEA announced Dr Sanders’ departure yesterday, saying that he will be continuing his "long-standing career in professional services".
Dr Sanders has now confirmed to ifa sister title Accountants Daily that he was offered a role in the Deloitte partnership, to work on new business in the conduct area, including financial advice transformation and professional standards.
Dr Mark Brimble, head of the finance and financial planning division at Griffith University and a FASEA board member, has been appointed acting managing director while FASEA searches for a new permanent CEO.
Accountants Daily understands Dr Sanders handed in his resignation weeks ago.
Deloitte could not respond to requests for comment by deadline.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2018Government releases 2018 financial literacy strategyBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- view all