BetaShares has announced that it has made a series of key appointments to its teams across Australia and has opened a new Queensland office as part of the firm’s expansion.
Tamas Calderwood will be taking on the position of national manager at the firm’s Sydney office. Mr Calderwood has over 20 years’ experience in the financial services industry and was the vice president of MSCI prior to this appointment.
The firm’s Melbourne team has also responded to investor demand by appointing Blair Modica as its business development manager. Mr Modica was the former senior associate for MSCI and has five years of financial services experience.
Craig Higson has also been hired, taking on the role of national manager for adviser services at the company’s newly-established Queensland office. Mr Higson previously held the role of SMSF solutions manager at SuperConcepts, and has also held positions at Citi and Aviva.
BetaShares managing director Alex Vynokur commented on these appointments, saying, “Our latest appointments reflect the growth of our business and increased client servicing demand across the country, and brings additional strength and experience to our already well-credentialed team.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all