BetaShares has announced that it has made a series of key appointments to its teams across Australia and has opened a new Queensland office as part of the firm’s expansion.
Tamas Calderwood will be taking on the position of national manager at the firm’s Sydney office. Mr Calderwood has over 20 years’ experience in the financial services industry and was the vice president of MSCI prior to this appointment.
The firm’s Melbourne team has also responded to investor demand by appointing Blair Modica as its business development manager. Mr Modica was the former senior associate for MSCI and has five years of financial services experience.
Craig Higson has also been hired, taking on the role of national manager for adviser services at the company’s newly-established Queensland office. Mr Higson previously held the role of SMSF solutions manager at SuperConcepts, and has also held positions at Citi and Aviva.
BetaShares managing director Alex Vynokur commented on these appointments, saying, “Our latest appointments reflect the growth of our business and increased client servicing demand across the country, and brings additional strength and experience to our already well-credentialed team.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all