KPMG has announced former AustralianSuper head of group strategy and planning Rohit Mendiratta will join the firm to lead its asset and wealth management strategy team.
Mr Mendiratta brings 15 years’ experience to the role, including six years at Telstra as the general manager of strategy, planning and performance, and has also served as director of strategy and analytics at RMIT University, and has previously worked at Westpac.
During his time at AustralianSuper, he headed group strategy and planning as well as the fund’s performance and analytics teams, developed the five-year 2020 strategy, and established analytics and big data capabilities, according to a statement.
KPMG head of asset and wealth management Paul Howes said he was pleased Mr Mendiratta was joining the team.
“He will play a crucial role in helping us leverage new services into this growing market and deliver deeper value to our clients,” Mr Howes said.
Mr Mendiratta has been on a number of advisory boards and executive teams relating to “capital investment prioritisation; strategy and capability development across big data, artificial intelligence/machine learning and digital planning; operating model design; strategic partnerships; income diversification including establishment of new business entities; and cost optimisation”, the statement said.
Commenting on his own appointment, Mr Mendiratta said there were three “key principles” organisations needed to adopt to ensure success in a “fast-changing environment”.
They were “a relentless obsession for the customer; an openness to ‘new ways’ of doing business across people, process and technology; and lastly speed to market and decision making”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all