AMP’s advice research function has approved Watermark’s market neutral trust, paving the way for its inclusion on the MyNorth platform.
AMP Advice Research has completed its review of Watermark Fund Management's market neutral trust, effectively clearing the way for AMP advisers to recommend the fund.
Commenting on the announcement, Watermark chief operating officer Tim Bolger said finding sources of genuinely uncorrelated returns is "increasingly difficult" for advisers.
"Our market neutral trust provides a portfolio construction tool for planners that offers attractive returns while materially reducing share market beta," Mr Bolger said.
"Approval of the fund by AMP Advice Research is indicative of a broader acceptance from the financial planning community, of the benefits that hedge fund strategies offer.
"Our local hedge fund industry is home to some of the most talented investment managers in the world, providing advisers with a range of appealing fund solutions for their clients."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- view all