AMP’s advice research function has approved Watermark’s market neutral trust, paving the way for its inclusion on the MyNorth platform.
AMP Advice Research has completed its review of Watermark Fund Management's market neutral trust, effectively clearing the way for AMP advisers to recommend the fund.
Commenting on the announcement, Watermark chief operating officer Tim Bolger said finding sources of genuinely uncorrelated returns is "increasingly difficult" for advisers.
"Our market neutral trust provides a portfolio construction tool for planners that offers attractive returns while materially reducing share market beta," Mr Bolger said.
"Approval of the fund by AMP Advice Research is indicative of a broader acceptance from the financial planning community, of the benefits that hedge fund strategies offer.
"Our local hedge fund industry is home to some of the most talented investment managers in the world, providing advisers with a range of appealing fund solutions for their clients."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all