A new mobile app has been launched aiming to help financial advisers build a client base in the Chinese-Australian community.
The launch of the Grei app provides users with Chinese language information about wealth management, financial services providers and investment.
The platform has 300,000 Chinese-speaking users and has now been opened to the financial services industry, according to a statement from Grei chief executive Philip Peng.
“The saying that ‘it’s not what you know, but who you know’ applies doubly when doing business with the Chinese market. The launch of Grei will open up doors for service providers to connect with Chinese-Australian investors.
“Essentially, Grei will be acting as a trusted intermediary, and users will have the reassurance that any service provider listed on the platform has been rigorously checked and vetted beforehand.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all