A new mobile app has been launched aiming to help financial advisers build a client base in the Chinese-Australian community.
The launch of the Grei app provides users with Chinese language information about wealth management, financial services providers and investment.
The platform has 300,000 Chinese-speaking users and has now been opened to the financial services industry, according to a statement from Grei chief executive Philip Peng.
“The saying that ‘it’s not what you know, but who you know’ applies doubly when doing business with the Chinese market. The launch of Grei will open up doors for service providers to connect with Chinese-Australian investors.
“Essentially, Grei will be acting as a trusted intermediary, and users will have the reassurance that any service provider listed on the platform has been rigorously checked and vetted beforehand.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all