ANZ Wealth has made enhancements to its OneCare insurance range, earning a tick of approval from reinsurer RGA Australia.
The bank’s wealth arm announced earlier this week that it has updated its OneCare insurance range through the release of new Income Secure Essentials and Severity Trauma covers, which are expected to offer more accessible and cost-effective insurance options for ANZ customers.
Income Secure Essentials are made for customers undertaking rehabilitation to assist them as they return to work, while the Severity Trauma has a three-tiered payment system, which provides a customer 10 per cent of the insured amount upon diagnosis, 50 per cent upon an impairing condition and 100 per cent upon severe or permanent impairment.
Subsequently, Meredith Barnes, head of underwriting and technical services at RGA Australia, issued a statement endorsing the upgrade.
“This is a good example of innovative product design,” Ms Barnes said. “DI products of the future must support, encourage and facilitate in getting the insured back to health and then back to work. As part of ANZ’s OneCare range, they have designed a product that goes back to the basic principles of insurance, protecting policyholders and providing genuine, affordable cover for when it is needed most.”
A spokesperson for RGA Australia said there is no commercial relationship between the two entities.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10 Dec 2018Only 12% of advice practices have exit plansBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018CIPRs need to account for future mortality rates, study findsBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018Freedom halts selling of life insuranceBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018New ASIC deputy chair announcedBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018Growth companies fund added to Macquarie WrapBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018ASIC makes unique AFSL decision on foreign adviserBy Adrian Flores
- view all