Berry Financial Services director and ClearView Wealth authorised representative Julie Berry has been re-appointed to the Tax Practitioners Board for a further three years.
Minister for financial services and revenue Kelly O’Dwyer today announced a raft of new appointments and re-appointments to the TPB, including Ms Berry’s.
Ms Berry is the principal of an FPA Professional Practice firm in Port Macquarie on the mid-north NSW coast and is a member of the ClearView Wealth network.
The minister also announced the appointment of barrister Ria Sotiropoulos and former KPMG tax adviser Peter de Cure to the board.
“The TPB is responsible for regulating the provision of tax agent services across all Australian states and territories as provided for in the Tax Agent Services Act 2009,” Ms O’Dwyer said.
“The board’s statutory functions include administering the registration of tax agents, BAS agents and tax financial advisers, investigating breaches of the act and imposing sanctions for non-compliance with the act’s Code of Professional Conduct.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- view all