Berry Financial Services director and ClearView Wealth authorised representative Julie Berry has been re-appointed to the Tax Practitioners Board for a further three years.
Minister for financial services and revenue Kelly O’Dwyer today announced a raft of new appointments and re-appointments to the TPB, including Ms Berry’s.
Ms Berry is the principal of an FPA Professional Practice firm in Port Macquarie on the mid-north NSW coast and is a member of the ClearView Wealth network.
The minister also announced the appointment of barrister Ria Sotiropoulos and former KPMG tax adviser Peter de Cure to the board.
“The TPB is responsible for regulating the provision of tax agent services across all Australian states and territories as provided for in the Tax Agent Services Act 2009,” Ms O’Dwyer said.
“The board’s statutory functions include administering the registration of tax agents, BAS agents and tax financial advisers, investigating breaches of the act and imposing sanctions for non-compliance with the act’s Code of Professional Conduct.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- view all