Berry Financial Services director and ClearView Wealth authorised representative Julie Berry has been re-appointed to the Tax Practitioners Board for a further three years.
Minister for financial services and revenue Kelly O’Dwyer today announced a raft of new appointments and re-appointments to the TPB, including Ms Berry’s.
Ms Berry is the principal of an FPA Professional Practice firm in Port Macquarie on the mid-north NSW coast and is a member of the ClearView Wealth network.
The minister also announced the appointment of barrister Ria Sotiropoulos and former KPMG tax adviser Peter de Cure to the board.
“The TPB is responsible for regulating the provision of tax agent services across all Australian states and territories as provided for in the Tax Agent Services Act 2009,” Ms O’Dwyer said.
“The board’s statutory functions include administering the registration of tax agents, BAS agents and tax financial advisers, investigating breaches of the act and imposing sanctions for non-compliance with the act’s Code of Professional Conduct.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all