Legg Mason has announced that its Martin Currie Real Income Strategy fund is now available on the Colonial First State FirstChoice platform.
Launched in 2010, the Legg Mason Martin Currie Real Income Strategy invests in a blend of listed real assets across Australian REITs, utility and infrastructure securities that are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Legg Mason managing director, Australia and New Zealand, Andy Sowerby said, “We are very pleased to see interest in this strategy from financial advisers, given that in a low growth, low interest rate world, listed real assets are becoming the missing link between equities and fixed income for the income investor.
“Colonial First State’s FirstChoice is one of the leading investment platforms in the market and the strong demand for this asset class makes it a compelling investment option for clients, especially those in the retirement phase.”
Legg Mason portfolio manager Ashton Reid added, “The benefit of real assets in any portfolio is their ability to provide natural inflation protection, so income is expected to go up, not down over time.
“At Martin Currie, our research is focused on uncovering investments with the clearest visibility on future cashflows, and avoiding the riskier assets, and through careful stock selection and robust portfolio construction we have delivered better capital protection than the broader equity market over time.”
The fund has received independent research ratings – 'Recommended' – by Lonsec and Zenith, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:29CBA touts ‘independent’ CFS GroupBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018AFSL regime stifling client-centric advice: FPABy Killian Plastow
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all