Micro-investing app Acorns has launched an ethical investment portfolio in response to investor demand for options that meet environmental, social and corporate governance standards.
In a statement yesterday, Acorns announced the launch of the Emerald Portfolio. The new portfolio is diversified across asset classes and geographical regions including Australian equities, international equities, bonds and cash, the statement said.
It has a risk-return profile similar to Acorns’ current “Moderately Aggressive” portfolio and aims to achieve similar returns, the statement said.
Acorns Australia chief executive and managing director George Lucas said Acorns has been used predominantly by the Millennial market over the past year.
“Millennials are more attuned to the social impact of their actions than other demographics and are driving the interest in sustainable investment. However, they also don’t want to give up their ability to get returns,” Mr Lucas said.
“The Emerald Portfolio allows them to participate in the financial markets with an option to align their investments more closely to their values.”
The launch of the new Emerald Portfolio follows Acorn’s recent introduction of carbon-conscious saving feature designed to track the carbon footprints of app-users.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018ETF industry hits record high in 2018By Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Investors place support behind FinPalBy Charbel Kadib
- 13 Jul 2018FASEA exam may disadvantage clients: ConsultantBy Miranda Brownlee
- 13 Jul 2018Industry associations respond to FASEA updateBy Killian Plastow
- 13 Jul 2018Profile Financial Services acquires regional practiceBy Reporter
- view all