Micro-investing app Acorns has launched an ethical investment portfolio in response to investor demand for options that meet environmental, social and corporate governance standards.
In a statement yesterday, Acorns announced the launch of the Emerald Portfolio. The new portfolio is diversified across asset classes and geographical regions including Australian equities, international equities, bonds and cash, the statement said.
It has a risk-return profile similar to Acorns’ current “Moderately Aggressive” portfolio and aims to achieve similar returns, the statement said.
Acorns Australia chief executive and managing director George Lucas said Acorns has been used predominantly by the Millennial market over the past year.
“Millennials are more attuned to the social impact of their actions than other demographics and are driving the interest in sustainable investment. However, they also don’t want to give up their ability to get returns,” Mr Lucas said.
“The Emerald Portfolio allows them to participate in the financial markets with an option to align their investments more closely to their values.”
The launch of the new Emerald Portfolio follows Acorn’s recent introduction of carbon-conscious saving feature designed to track the carbon footprints of app-users.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all