Zurich has announced the launch of a successor to its LifeXpress mobile app designed to give advisers easy access to clients’ life insurance information.
The new app, ZLife, is equipped with push notification capability and can place detailed, up-to-date client information at advisers’ fingertips, Zurich said in a statement.
In addition to push notifications, which can be personalised to suit advisers’ individual needs, advisers can also tag VIP clients, and view upcoming renewals, pending lapses and cancellations, and changes in client details, the statement said.
Zurich said advice is also provided on applications going in-force.
Zurich life and investments head of digital Marc Fabris said the app was developed after extensive beta testing with a panel of advisers.
“Zurich ZLife Mobile is intuitive, user friendly and offers a useful trigger for advisers to open conversations with their clients,” Mr Fabris said.
“The VIP tagging allows advisers to be more informed and more proactive in providing a higher level of service to their most valuable clients.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all