Italian asset manager Azimut, the company behind the AZ NGA advice firm acquisition venture, has launched a new investment solutions firm in Australia.
According to a statement, AZ Sestante assists advisers in building efficient portfolio solutions and offers access to investment management capabilities.
The new firm will partner with dealer groups and platforms to deliver its solutions.
AZ Sestante already has a partnership with Colonial First State, which has seen the launch of a range of diversified multi manager funds through Colonial First State platforms late last year, the statement said.
Andrew Davies, AZ Sestante head of distribution, said, “We worked with Colonial First State to provide portfolios with different risk and return objectives that utilise both our asset allocation expertise and extensive fund manager research database.
“The result is the Colonial First State AZ Sestante range of funds, which consists of a conservative fund, a diversified fund and a growth fund. These strategies are available on both FirstChoice and FirstWrap.”
The new investment solutions firm follows after Azimut announced last year it inked a binding sale and purchase agreement with Australian equities value manager Sigma Funds Management.
In conjunction with Sigma, AZ Sestante launched an Australian smaller companies fund on 1 March 2017. AZ Sestante also plans to launch a global macro fund and international equity fund utilising Azimut’s own offshore investment capabilities.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all