Italian asset manager Azimut, the company behind the AZ NGA advice firm acquisition venture, has launched a new investment solutions firm in Australia.
According to a statement, AZ Sestante assists advisers in building efficient portfolio solutions and offers access to investment management capabilities.
The new firm will partner with dealer groups and platforms to deliver its solutions.
AZ Sestante already has a partnership with Colonial First State, which has seen the launch of a range of diversified multi manager funds through Colonial First State platforms late last year, the statement said.
Andrew Davies, AZ Sestante head of distribution, said, “We worked with Colonial First State to provide portfolios with different risk and return objectives that utilise both our asset allocation expertise and extensive fund manager research database.
“The result is the Colonial First State AZ Sestante range of funds, which consists of a conservative fund, a diversified fund and a growth fund. These strategies are available on both FirstChoice and FirstWrap.”
The new investment solutions firm follows after Azimut announced last year it inked a binding sale and purchase agreement with Australian equities value manager Sigma Funds Management.
In conjunction with Sigma, AZ Sestante launched an Australian smaller companies fund on 1 March 2017. AZ Sestante also plans to launch a global macro fund and international equity fund utilising Azimut’s own offshore investment capabilities.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all