IOOF has announced it appointed a new head of technical services, who replaces Kate Anderson after she moved into a senior role at one of IOOF’s dealer groups.
According to a statement, Martin Breckon has been promoted to head of technical services after serving on the team since 2012. Prior to joining IOOF, Mr Breckon held technical management roles at AXA, Aviva and MLC.
He replaces Ms Anderson, who in December moved into the role of head of business support at Bridges Financial Services.
Renato Mota, IOOF group general manager, wealth management, said, “Succession planning and mentoring is fundamental to the development of IOOF’s advice business.
“The promotion of Martin is testament to this. Martin is highly capable, extremely knowledgeable and has an expert understanding of best practice provision of financial services advice and strategies. He is highly respected by licensees, advisers and his peers across the broader industry.
“IOOF’s technical services team is an industry leader, widely acknowledged for its superior understanding and insights into the constantly changing financial services environment. I am confident Martin will ably lead the TechConnect team and continue to keep IOOF and our advice network at the forefront of industry developments.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:00CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 09:55Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 09:50Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all