Providence Independent Investment Advisory has made a London-based appointment as a way to broaden the Australian firm’s research insight.
In a statement, the Sydney- and Melbourne-based advice firm said it has appointed Will Porter to the newly-created role of global research manager based in London.
Mr Porter has more than 10 years of experience in the investment market, most recently as Providence’s Sydney-based Australian equities manager.
In his new role, Mr Porter will have access to global fund managers in London and deliver insights on global themes in asset allocation and investment markets to Providence’s Australian-based investment committee and executive team.
Providence managing director Grant Patterson said this appointment is important for the benefit of the firm’s clients.
“These are uniquely uncertain economic times. We recognise that changes occurring at a global level may significantly affect the investment decisions we make locally,” he said.
“Having our dedicated resource in London, a world financial capital, will continue to enhance our global perspective and maintain our alignment with global investment themes.
“At Providence, we pride ourselves on providing expert and truly independent investment management and advice to our clients. We believe that Will’s presence in London will enhance our ability to safely navigate these uncertain times on behalf of our clients in a global context.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 12 Dec 2018FASEA confirms accreditation processBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Aussie advice business partners with Bank of IrelandBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Industry association aims to reverse 'crippling' LIFBy James Mitchell
- 11 Dec 2018ASIC cancels AFSL of Queensland groupBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Dec 2018Advisers placed in TPB firing lineBy Katarina Taurian
- 11 Dec 2018Liberal Party has done ‘almost nothing’ for advisersBy James Mitchell
- view all