Providence Independent Investment Advisory has made a London-based appointment as a way to broaden the Australian firm’s research insight.
In a statement, the Sydney- and Melbourne-based advice firm said it has appointed Will Porter to the newly-created role of global research manager based in London.
Mr Porter has more than 10 years of experience in the investment market, most recently as Providence’s Sydney-based Australian equities manager.
In his new role, Mr Porter will have access to global fund managers in London and deliver insights on global themes in asset allocation and investment markets to Providence’s Australian-based investment committee and executive team.
Providence managing director Grant Patterson said this appointment is important for the benefit of the firm’s clients.
“These are uniquely uncertain economic times. We recognise that changes occurring at a global level may significantly affect the investment decisions we make locally,” he said.
“Having our dedicated resource in London, a world financial capital, will continue to enhance our global perspective and maintain our alignment with global investment themes.
“At Providence, we pride ourselves on providing expert and truly independent investment management and advice to our clients. We believe that Will’s presence in London will enhance our ability to safely navigate these uncertain times on behalf of our clients in a global context.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all