Providence Independent Investment Advisory has made a London-based appointment as a way to broaden the Australian firm’s research insight.
In a statement, the Sydney- and Melbourne-based advice firm said it has appointed Will Porter to the newly-created role of global research manager based in London.
Mr Porter has more than 10 years of experience in the investment market, most recently as Providence’s Sydney-based Australian equities manager.
In his new role, Mr Porter will have access to global fund managers in London and deliver insights on global themes in asset allocation and investment markets to Providence’s Australian-based investment committee and executive team.
Providence managing director Grant Patterson said this appointment is important for the benefit of the firm’s clients.
“These are uniquely uncertain economic times. We recognise that changes occurring at a global level may significantly affect the investment decisions we make locally,” he said.
“Having our dedicated resource in London, a world financial capital, will continue to enhance our global perspective and maintain our alignment with global investment themes.
“At Providence, we pride ourselves on providing expert and truly independent investment management and advice to our clients. We believe that Will’s presence in London will enhance our ability to safely navigate these uncertain times on behalf of our clients in a global context.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all