Brisbane-based advice firm Complete Financial Balance has left its former licensee, Aon Hewitt Financial Advice, after being bought out by US-based multinational company Arthur J Gallagher & Co.
CFB moved to the newly-established AFSL held by Gallagher Benefit Services Pty Ltd on 1 January, according to ASIC data, which also shows the licence is controlled by Arthur J Gallagher & Co.
CFB principal Tapel Cafer announced on LinkedIn that the acquisition is a great move for the firm, while also making clear that the practice was parting ways with Aon Hewitt's licensee business.
“This is a great opportunity for our team and clients, and [we] look forward to working with a great international team,” he said.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank past and present management and staff at Aon Hewitt for their support and professionalism.”
Earlier this week, ifa reported that Arthur J Gallagher & Co acquired CFB, following an announcement to the New York Stock Exchange, on which the multinational company is listed. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but Gallagher president and CEO J Patrick Gallagher Jr did make comments welcoming the new Australian subsidiary.
"We are particularly excited to have completed the acquisition of CFB, our first employee benefits acquisition in Australia," Mr Gallagher said.
"Their team's solid culture, similar business model and commitment to delivering the highest professional standards will be a wonderful addition to our employee benefits consulting operations. We are pleased to welcome Graham [Campbell], Tapel and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
CFB will continue to be run by Mr Cafer and principal Graham Campbell, who will be reporting to Leslie Lemenager, head of Gallagher’s international employee benefit consulting and brokerage business.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2018Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all