CommInsure has rolled out a number of enhancements to its products in response to feedback from a series of adviser boardroom sessions.
CommInsure said in a statement it is relaxing the life expectancy requirement from 12 to 24 months, as well as providing an ‘extended indemnity’ income protection policy catering for a client’s highest average monthly income in any consecutive 12 month period in the 36 months before claim.
Other enhancements include several upgraded and new trauma definitions, and the continuation of total and permanent disability (TPD) cover inside super when cover outside super ends under a split TPD arrangement, the statement said.
CommInsure head of life product and strategy Franco Crapis said adviser feedback was positive and reflected its commitment to helping clients enjoy a strong and secure future.
“Advisers were very receptive to having the flexibility to offer their clients income protection split across two separate policies, one inside super and the other outside super,” Mr Crapis said.
“Split income protection offers a flexible structure allowing clients to get the best of both worlds.
“While offering income protection extras and benefits not available inside super, part of the premiums for the split cover can still be paid through super.”
CommInsure said it has also launched a new income protection tele-claims service that, once some basic triage questions are answered, will replace a 20-page claim form with a brief interview over the phone.
The service has been designed to remove paperwork and facilitate a more personalised and faster claims experience for customers, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all