Colonial First State says it is including a new annuity on its platform as its combined funds under management on both its wrap and its platform reaches over $535 million.
CFS said in a statement that it is broadening its range of retirement solutions by including Challenger’s CarePlus Annuity on its FirstChoice platform.
The new annuity follows on from CFS’s introduction of CommInsure annuities to the FirstChoice platform last year.
CFS head of retail sales Laird Abernethy said, “More advisers are seeing the benefits of using annuities in conjunction with an account-based pension by constructing portfolios that provide a regular income from a lifetime or term annuity, whilst benefiting from potential market gains and income from the account-based pension,” he said.
“The streamlined application process and consolidated reporting benefits of annuities on platform means more advisers are now seeing they can meet the complex needs of those in retirement whilst maintaining administration efficiencies.
“We expect this to continue to grow as the demographic trends of population growth and increasing life expectancies become further apparent.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all