Colonial First State says it is including a new annuity on its platform as its combined funds under management on both its wrap and its platform reaches over $535 million.
CFS said in a statement that it is broadening its range of retirement solutions by including Challenger’s CarePlus Annuity on its FirstChoice platform.
The new annuity follows on from CFS’s introduction of CommInsure annuities to the FirstChoice platform last year.
CFS head of retail sales Laird Abernethy said, “More advisers are seeing the benefits of using annuities in conjunction with an account-based pension by constructing portfolios that provide a regular income from a lifetime or term annuity, whilst benefiting from potential market gains and income from the account-based pension,” he said.
“The streamlined application process and consolidated reporting benefits of annuities on platform means more advisers are now seeing they can meet the complex needs of those in retirement whilst maintaining administration efficiencies.
“We expect this to continue to grow as the demographic trends of population growth and increasing life expectancies become further apparent.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks Group names three new execsBy Reporter
- 19 Jun 2018Former NAB, ASIC exec approaches Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- view all