Robo-adviser Ignition Wealth has appointed a well-known financial services lawyer to its advisory board.
Ignition Wealth chief executive Mark Fordree announced in a statement yesterday the appointment of Claire Wivell Plater.
“Claire Wivell Plater is a leading Australian expert on compliance and regulatory issues and concerns,” he said.
“Claire’s knowledge, insight and innovative approach will assist Ignition Wealth as we develop our digital advice solution. We believe working with industry leaders like Claire will allow us to maintain our position offering a best in class product.”
Ms Wivell Plater is currently managing director at The Fold Legal, which offers regulatory, corporate and commercial advice to financial services businesses.
She is a longstanding member of the business advisory committee to ASIC’s licensing division and a member of the Federal Treasurer’s FinTech Advisory Group, the statement said.
Ms Wivell Plater said, “I believe that digital advice will play an increasingly important role in wealth generation and I’m delighted to have the opportunity to actively contribute to its development by working closely with Ignition Wealth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all