Robo-adviser Ignition Wealth has appointed a well-known financial services lawyer to its advisory board.
Ignition Wealth chief executive Mark Fordree announced in a statement yesterday the appointment of Claire Wivell Plater.
“Claire Wivell Plater is a leading Australian expert on compliance and regulatory issues and concerns,” he said.
“Claire’s knowledge, insight and innovative approach will assist Ignition Wealth as we develop our digital advice solution. We believe working with industry leaders like Claire will allow us to maintain our position offering a best in class product.”
Ms Wivell Plater is currently managing director at The Fold Legal, which offers regulatory, corporate and commercial advice to financial services businesses.
She is a longstanding member of the business advisory committee to ASIC’s licensing division and a member of the Federal Treasurer’s FinTech Advisory Group, the statement said.
Ms Wivell Plater said, “I believe that digital advice will play an increasingly important role in wealth generation and I’m delighted to have the opportunity to actively contribute to its development by working closely with Ignition Wealth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all