Robo-adviser Ignition Wealth has appointed a well-known financial services lawyer to its advisory board.
Ignition Wealth chief executive Mark Fordree announced in a statement yesterday the appointment of Claire Wivell Plater.
“Claire Wivell Plater is a leading Australian expert on compliance and regulatory issues and concerns,” he said.
“Claire’s knowledge, insight and innovative approach will assist Ignition Wealth as we develop our digital advice solution. We believe working with industry leaders like Claire will allow us to maintain our position offering a best in class product.”
Ms Wivell Plater is currently managing director at The Fold Legal, which offers regulatory, corporate and commercial advice to financial services businesses.
She is a longstanding member of the business advisory committee to ASIC’s licensing division and a member of the Federal Treasurer’s FinTech Advisory Group, the statement said.
Ms Wivell Plater said, “I believe that digital advice will play an increasingly important role in wealth generation and I’m delighted to have the opportunity to actively contribute to its development by working closely with Ignition Wealth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Managed accounts drive revenue: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- view all