Robo-adviser Ignition Wealth has appointed a well-known financial services lawyer to its advisory board.
Ignition Wealth chief executive Mark Fordree announced in a statement yesterday the appointment of Claire Wivell Plater.
“Claire Wivell Plater is a leading Australian expert on compliance and regulatory issues and concerns,” he said.
“Claire’s knowledge, insight and innovative approach will assist Ignition Wealth as we develop our digital advice solution. We believe working with industry leaders like Claire will allow us to maintain our position offering a best in class product.”
Ms Wivell Plater is currently managing director at The Fold Legal, which offers regulatory, corporate and commercial advice to financial services businesses.
She is a longstanding member of the business advisory committee to ASIC’s licensing division and a member of the Federal Treasurer’s FinTech Advisory Group, the statement said.
Ms Wivell Plater said, “I believe that digital advice will play an increasingly important role in wealth generation and I’m delighted to have the opportunity to actively contribute to its development by working closely with Ignition Wealth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10 Dec 2018Only 12% of advice practices have exit plansBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018CIPRs need to account for future mortality rates, study findsBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018Freedom halts selling of life insuranceBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018New ASIC deputy chair announcedBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018Growth companies fund added to Macquarie WrapBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018ASIC makes unique AFSL decision on foreign adviserBy Adrian Flores
- view all