Cbus has announced an appointment to the newly created role of investment manager, innovation and strategy as part of an expansion of its in-house advice arm.
According to a statement, Alexandra West has previously worked as director of strategy and new business development with Fidelity Investments in the US, and Cbus said she will bring extensive international experience to the role.
“We are delighted to have attracted someone of Alexandra’s calibre to the leadership team. Alexandra has worked closely with us to design our future investing model,” said Cbus executive manager of investment strategy Kristian Fok.
“She will now use her significant experience to cement the Fund’s position as an innovative, long-term investor, with expertise in direct investing in the built environment.”
Ms West, who will commence in the new role on 5 October, 2016, said she was excited by the opportunity.
“All Australians deserve a dignified retirement, and I am pleased to be joining a growing fund like Cbus, committed to securing the best retirement outcomes for its members. It’s a pivotal time for Cbus, and I look forward to continuing to drive the evolution of the investments strategy,” she said.
Earlier this year, Cbus announced a plan to appoint 25 new investment staff and expand the business’ in-house investment function.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2018Partnership launches 'alternative to self-licensing'By Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Mar 2018ANZ to suspend asset finance lendingBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Mar 2018CommInsure partners with industry fund on claimsBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Mar 2018ASIC disqualifies jailed SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Mar 2018Australian advisers unprepared for exitBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- view all