Encouraging an open line of communication between a client and their insurer is critical in ensuring an adviser provides the best client support at claim time, according to BT Financial Group.
Speaking at the Value of Insurance for Clients event hosted by BT's gender diversity networking group, The Stella Network, BT retail claims manager Belinda Nicholson told advisers about the importance of lodging a claim as quickly as possible once the event has occurred.
“The quicker the claim has been notified, the quicker that we’re able to provide support to them,” Ms Nicholson said.
“You already have that relationship with your client and we want you to remain involved throughout the claim, but for us to actually provide that support, we need to be able to get direct access to speak with your clients.”
Ms Nicholson also suggested that advisers talk about the benefits of the work with their clients, citing it as an important factor in a client’s overall health and wellbeing.
She also noted the importance of advisers exploring all additional support options that are available for their clients.
“It’s really important that you understand, as advisers, the additional support that may be available to your clients,” Ms Nicholson said.
“Once you know what it is, then you can obviously encourage your clients to actually utilise that. If you aren’t sure, then speak with a claims consultant to raise it with you.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all