Collaboration between advisers and investment specialists is key to confronting the major challenges that face advice businesses, director of Assure Invest Andrew Doherty says.
Mr Doherty told ifa that as demand for a comprehensive or principal financial advice offering grows, “convergence is encouraging adaptive advisers to establish themselves as the central customer relationship-owner, utilising specialist skills from outsourced service providers to meet all the needs of each of their clients”.
“The wealth adviser’s role is becoming tougher than ever due to increasing regulation, changing consumer expectations, volatile investment markets and the emerging robo-advice threat,” Mr Doherty said.
“Investment research and portfolio management is a hugely time-consuming exercise, frequently with unsatisfactory outcomes. Advisers need to spend more time developing growth strategies, fostering customer relationships and prospecting for new ones.”
Mr Doherty said partnering with investment specialists allows advice businesses to achieve added capacity and deeper expertise to tackle challenges concerning customer centricity; business strategy; human resources; unforgiving markets; robo-advice; business differentiation; and investor demand for direct shares.
“Outsourcing reduces administrative burdens... boosts service sophistication... drives scale and efficiency… [and] helps advisers generate pleasing returns for customers while minimising the chance of capital loss,” Mr Doherty said.
Adviser-investor collaboration is crucial for advisers who want to “work more effectively, free up their time for strategic activities, reduce costs and gain better outcomes for their customers."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all