Licensee group Sentry has announced an appointment to the newly created position of head of wealth solutions, with responsibility for strategic advice in the application of wealth management strategies, products and services.
Karen Brown will take on the role, bringing with her more than 20 years’ experience in the superannuation and financial services industry, including insurance, corporate superannuation, self-managed superannuation, administration platforms and funds management.
Ms Brown will be responsible for Sentry’s strategic advice to maximise benefits for the investor and superannuation clients of its financial advisers, the firm said in a statement.
Previously, she was state manager for Grant Samuel’s funds management division and has also been a state manager for Challenger.
Sentry chief executive Murray Hills said the newly created role will also involve B2B and one-on-one consulting with the group’s practices and advisers in Australia.
“Karen’s role will involve coaching and training advisers in portfolio structures and construction, in-depth product comparisons, asset allocation and investment strategies, and related products and services to address the needs of their clients,” Mr Hills said.
“Based at Sentry’s Perth head office, Karen will also be responsible for working closely with our advisers to develop and fine tune their client value propositions, practice productivity and efficiency, as well as [provide] assistance to identify and grow new business opportunities.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all