Link Group will rebrand its financial advice business, Money Solutions, as part of an expansion of its advice offering.
Effective 1 July, Money Solutions will be rebranded as Link Advice but will remain part of Link Group’s fund administration division, a statement from the firm said.
Link Group said the rebranding reflects the expansion of their advice offering, moving beyond a focus on intra-fund phone advice to a more holistic offering including digital solutions and increased access to face-to-face advice services.
It further added that the provision of financial advice is becoming increasingly important for super funds as they compete to differentiate their offering.
Money Solutions chief executive Ross Bowden said that the provision of financial advice is on a growth trajectory, and that super funds should explore their advice offering to avoid being left behind.
“Scaled financial advice is no longer just a bolt on for superannuation funds, it is an integral part of member engagement and member services,” he said.
“When you consider that around 90 per cent of women will retire with inadequate savings to fund a ‘comfortable’ lifestyle in retirement, it becomes clear advice is necessary.
“By offering advice, super funds are engaging and educating members to improve their retirement outcomes.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all