Link Group will rebrand its financial advice business, Money Solutions, as part of an expansion of its advice offering.
Effective 1 July, Money Solutions will be rebranded as Link Advice but will remain part of Link Group’s fund administration division, a statement from the firm said.
Link Group said the rebranding reflects the expansion of their advice offering, moving beyond a focus on intra-fund phone advice to a more holistic offering including digital solutions and increased access to face-to-face advice services.
It further added that the provision of financial advice is becoming increasingly important for super funds as they compete to differentiate their offering.
Money Solutions chief executive Ross Bowden said that the provision of financial advice is on a growth trajectory, and that super funds should explore their advice offering to avoid being left behind.
“Scaled financial advice is no longer just a bolt on for superannuation funds, it is an integral part of member engagement and member services,” he said.
“When you consider that around 90 per cent of women will retire with inadequate savings to fund a ‘comfortable’ lifestyle in retirement, it becomes clear advice is necessary.
“By offering advice, super funds are engaging and educating members to improve their retirement outcomes.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:41Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- 20 Sep 2017Education stress understandable, says AFABy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Resisting change will ‘destroy’ business valueBy Staff Reporter
- view all