A North American financial services company has announced it will acquire advice firm Altius Associates in a move that will help the firm increase its global reach in Australia.
Pavilion Financial Corporation said it will combine the operations of Altius with its California-based alternative asset advice arm, LP Capital Advisors. At closing, the combined organisation will be rebranded as Pavilion Alternatives Group.
Altius has offices in the UK, US and Singapore and clients in Australia. The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter of this year subject to regulatory approval.
LP Capital Advisors president and managing director, Donn Cox, said: “Combining forces with Altius will provide our clients with additional resources in North America, significant global reach into Europe, Australia and Asia, and enhanced service offerings and solutions without compromising our focus of providing objective and thoughtful advice with a fiduciary mindset.”
“In addition to advising highly sophisticated institutional investors around the globe in private markets, Altius has a proven track record in providing customised solutions to its clients. Its deep and global research capabilities, dedicated private debt platform and significant real asset resources will also complement our core service offerings.”
Altius Associates founder and London-based executive chairman, John Hess, said: “Since our founding in 1998, we have been globally focused. Our professionals have over 150 years of experience working with clients across Europe, North America, Australia and Asia with global research coverage.
“We are delighted to join Pavilion’s team and excited by their enthusiasm to work together to grow our business.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all