MLC has announced its national manager for SMSF advice, Peter Hogan, will soon depart to join the SMSF Association as its new head of technical.
In a statement, MLC executive general manager for wealth advice, Greg Miller, said Mr Hogan had made "significant" contributions to the company over the past six years.
"During this time, significant advancements have been made in the SMSF technical expertise and advice capability of NAB and MLC licensed advisers," he said.
"NAB and MLC advisers now represent the largest group of SMSFA specialist accredited advisers, in any one organisation. In Peter's new role, Peter will continue to strengthen the relationship between SMSFA and NAB/MLC."
According to an SMSFA statement, Mr Hogan will be in an "extremely important role" for the organisation and brings to it many years of SMSF experience.
"The association, as the leader in technical and advisory services in the financial services and superannuation industries, is committed to ensuring its members keep their competitive edge, and having a person of the calibre of Peter in this role is critical to this process," said SMSFA chief executive and managing director, Andrew Slattery.
"The association recognises the search for excellence in the SMSF specialist space is a journey without an end, and as such we must continue to offer our members the best opportunity to achieve at all levels, whether it be regulatory, technical or professional."
Commenting on his departure from MLC, Mr Hogan said: "I leave behind a highly competent team of SMSF technical experts who are available to deliver SMSF training and answer adviser queries."
MLC is in the process of finding a replacement for Mr Hogan.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all