The FPA has announced that the focus of its 2016 Professionals Congress will be around embracing disruption and adjusting to rapid, technological change.
In a statement, the FPA named its theme for this year's congress as 'Future Ready', and will aim to equip delegates with practical tools, techniques and new ideas.
Registrations for the event opened on Wednesday. It will be held in Perth from 23 to 25 November.
The program will include a range of keynote sessions and workshops covering technical topics, ethics, best practice solutions, leadership and personal development skills.
FPA chief executive Dante De Gori said the event will be about helping financial planners adapt and prosper in a rapidly changing professional landscape.
"Financial planners need to be more aware and better informed to embrace disruption and ensure they are prepared and capable of staying one step ahead," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all