Online start-up brokerage Macrovue has added an entrepreneur and investor in financial services and technology start-ups to its board.
According to a statement, Gatica Investments principal Brendan Foley will advise Macrovue on its go-to-market, sales and distribution strategies as it moves from beta to a public launch in the third quarter of this year.
Mr Foley has more than 30 years of experience in the financial services industry, including being a co-founder and managing director of Select Asset Management before its sale to OneVue Holdings in August 2014, the statement said.
"We are in the process of building a world-class investment solution that will give Australian investors unprecedented access to global markets," said Macrovue chief executive Sid Sahgal said.
"Brendan with his experience building companies is an invaluable addition to our team and we are excited to learn from him and work alongside him."
Macrovue has also announced the firm is concluding its bridging funding round, which includes Gatica Investments, high-net-worth individuals and a follow-on investment from AMP New Ventures.
Mr Foley said Macrovue is an exciting, new company poised to establish itself in a space ripe for competition.
"Australian investors need more choice and access to international equities, not only when it comes to their investment options but also in terms of the financial service providers available to them," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all