Zurich has appointed AIA's former national group claims manager as its new head of life insurance claims.
Sheriff Hamza will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, policy and governance of claims for Zurich's Australian life and investments business.
Mr Hamza has more than 15 years' retail and group claims experience in Australia, and has had experience leading large claims teams and implementing quality improvement programs, Zurich said in a statement.
"Claim time is the moment of truth, when life insurers have the opportunity to honour the promise they make to policyholders and their advisers," Phil Anderson, Zurich life and investments chief operating officer, said with reference to the appointment.
"Over a number of years Zurich has been acknowledged for the equity, empathy and transparency that are the hallmarks of our life insurance claims philosophy."
Mr Hamza was also team manager at ING.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all