Zurich has appointed AIA's former national group claims manager as its new head of life insurance claims.
Sheriff Hamza will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, policy and governance of claims for Zurich's Australian life and investments business.
Mr Hamza has more than 15 years' retail and group claims experience in Australia, and has had experience leading large claims teams and implementing quality improvement programs, Zurich said in a statement.
"Claim time is the moment of truth, when life insurers have the opportunity to honour the promise they make to policyholders and their advisers," Phil Anderson, Zurich life and investments chief operating officer, said with reference to the appointment.
"Over a number of years Zurich has been acknowledged for the equity, empathy and transparency that are the hallmarks of our life insurance claims philosophy."
Mr Hamza was also team manager at ING.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- view all