Zurich has appointed AIA's former national group claims manager as its new head of life insurance claims.
Sheriff Hamza will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, policy and governance of claims for Zurich's Australian life and investments business.
Mr Hamza has more than 15 years' retail and group claims experience in Australia, and has had experience leading large claims teams and implementing quality improvement programs, Zurich said in a statement.
"Claim time is the moment of truth, when life insurers have the opportunity to honour the promise they make to policyholders and their advisers," Phil Anderson, Zurich life and investments chief operating officer, said with reference to the appointment.
"Over a number of years Zurich has been acknowledged for the equity, empathy and transparency that are the hallmarks of our life insurance claims philosophy."
Mr Hamza was also team manager at ING.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all