Zurich has appointed AIA's former national group claims manager as its new head of life insurance claims.
Sheriff Hamza will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, policy and governance of claims for Zurich's Australian life and investments business.
Mr Hamza has more than 15 years' retail and group claims experience in Australia, and has had experience leading large claims teams and implementing quality improvement programs, Zurich said in a statement.
"Claim time is the moment of truth, when life insurers have the opportunity to honour the promise they make to policyholders and their advisers," Phil Anderson, Zurich life and investments chief operating officer, said with reference to the appointment.
"Over a number of years Zurich has been acknowledged for the equity, empathy and transparency that are the hallmarks of our life insurance claims philosophy."
Mr Hamza was also team manager at ING.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018Former adviser convicted for dishonest conductBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- 15 Jun 2018ASIC takes Westpac to court over poor adviceBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018AFCA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- view all