Zurich has appointed AIA's former national group claims manager as its new head of life insurance claims.
Sheriff Hamza will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, policy and governance of claims for Zurich's Australian life and investments business.
Mr Hamza has more than 15 years' retail and group claims experience in Australia, and has had experience leading large claims teams and implementing quality improvement programs, Zurich said in a statement.
"Claim time is the moment of truth, when life insurers have the opportunity to honour the promise they make to policyholders and their advisers," Phil Anderson, Zurich life and investments chief operating officer, said with reference to the appointment.
"Over a number of years Zurich has been acknowledged for the equity, empathy and transparency that are the hallmarks of our life insurance claims philosophy."
Mr Hamza was also team manager at ING.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 12 Dec 2018FASEA confirms accreditation processBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Aussie advice business partners with Bank of IrelandBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Industry association aims to reverse 'crippling' LIFBy James Mitchell
- 11 Dec 2018ASIC cancels AFSL of Queensland groupBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Dec 2018Advisers placed in TPB firing lineBy Katarina Taurian
- 11 Dec 2018Liberal Party has done ‘almost nothing’ for advisersBy James Mitchell
- view all