Zurich has appointed AIA's former national group claims manager as its new head of life insurance claims.
Sheriff Hamza will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, policy and governance of claims for Zurich's Australian life and investments business.
Mr Hamza has more than 15 years' retail and group claims experience in Australia, and has had experience leading large claims teams and implementing quality improvement programs, Zurich said in a statement.
"Claim time is the moment of truth, when life insurers have the opportunity to honour the promise they make to policyholders and their advisers," Phil Anderson, Zurich life and investments chief operating officer, said with reference to the appointment.
"Over a number of years Zurich has been acknowledged for the equity, empathy and transparency that are the hallmarks of our life insurance claims philosophy."
Mr Hamza was also team manager at ING.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ARCO fund added to BT Panorama platformBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018NAB well-placed to sell MLC wealth businessBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018CBA announces appointment of CFOBy Reporter
- 22 Oct 2018‘We’ve taken too long’ to fix advice problems: NABBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- view all