A non-aligned financial advice firm has been accredited by the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX), which has certified a variety of the firm's services.
Perth-based Capital Partners Private Wealth announced that the global assessor and certification organisation has approved the firm's wealth management services for private clients, discretionary trusts, charitable entities, SMSFs and corporations.
According to CEFEX's website, Capital Partners is the only Australian firm to receive the "Investment Advisor" accreditation. Other registered firms are based in the US, UK and New Zealand.
Capital Partners chief executive David Andrew said: "We voluntarily submitted the company to this scrutiny in order to demonstrate that our investment process is of the highest independent standard in the world.
"What this means for the clients of Capital Partners is that they can be assured that our systems and processes provide them with the maximum in protection and investment outcomes."
CEFEX general manager Carlos Panksep said the assessment found that Capital Partners demonstrates "adherence to the industry's best fiduciary practices".
"This indicates the firm's interests are aligned with those of investors," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all