A non-aligned financial advice firm has been accredited by the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX), which has certified a variety of the firm's services.
Perth-based Capital Partners Private Wealth announced that the global assessor and certification organisation has approved the firm's wealth management services for private clients, discretionary trusts, charitable entities, SMSFs and corporations.
According to CEFEX's website, Capital Partners is the only Australian firm to receive the "Investment Advisor" accreditation. Other registered firms are based in the US, UK and New Zealand.
Capital Partners chief executive David Andrew said: "We voluntarily submitted the company to this scrutiny in order to demonstrate that our investment process is of the highest independent standard in the world.
"What this means for the clients of Capital Partners is that they can be assured that our systems and processes provide them with the maximum in protection and investment outcomes."
CEFEX general manager Carlos Panksep said the assessment found that Capital Partners demonstrates "adherence to the industry's best fiduciary practices".
"This indicates the firm's interests are aligned with those of investors," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all