Assistant Treasurer Kelly O'Dwyer introduced the Life Insurance Framework reform legislation into Parliament this morning
Speaking in the House of Representatives, Ms O'Dwyer introduced the bill to amend The Corporations Act 2001 which she said "will better align the interests of financial advisers who sell life insurance products to their consumers".
The bill is now scheduled for further debate during the next sitting of parliament.
ifa reported on Wednesday that the controversial legislation was to be introduced this week.
More to come
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all