Assistant Treasurer Kelly O'Dwyer introduced the Life Insurance Framework reform legislation into Parliament this morning
Speaking in the House of Representatives, Ms O'Dwyer introduced the bill to amend The Corporations Act 2001 which she said "will better align the interests of financial advisers who sell life insurance products to their consumers".
The bill is now scheduled for further debate during the next sitting of parliament.
ifa reported on Wednesday that the controversial legislation was to be introduced this week.
More to come
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:21Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018BT turns off grandfathered commissions for salaried advisersBy Killian Plastow
- view all