Assistant Treasurer Kelly O'Dwyer introduced the Life Insurance Framework reform legislation into Parliament this morning
Speaking in the House of Representatives, Ms O'Dwyer introduced the bill to amend The Corporations Act 2001 which she said "will better align the interests of financial advisers who sell life insurance products to their consumers".
The bill is now scheduled for further debate during the next sitting of parliament.
ifa reported on Wednesday that the controversial legislation was to be introduced this week.
More to come
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all