Assistant Treasurer Kelly O'Dwyer introduced the Life Insurance Framework reform legislation into Parliament this morning
Speaking in the House of Representatives, Ms O'Dwyer introduced the bill to amend The Corporations Act 2001 which she said "will better align the interests of financial advisers who sell life insurance products to their consumers".
The bill is now scheduled for further debate during the next sitting of parliament.
ifa reported on Wednesday that the controversial legislation was to be introduced this week.
More to come
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all