Assistant Treasurer Kelly O'Dwyer introduced the Life Insurance Framework reform legislation into Parliament this morning
Speaking in the House of Representatives, Ms O'Dwyer introduced the bill to amend The Corporations Act 2001 which she said "will better align the interests of financial advisers who sell life insurance products to their consumers".
The bill is now scheduled for further debate during the next sitting of parliament.
ifa reported on Wednesday that the controversial legislation was to be introduced this week.
More to come
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018ASIC sets sights on AFSL supervisionBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018Licensees will ‘cease to exist’: GPS WealthBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 13 Aug 2018FASEA standards to halve adviser numbersBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all