A Macquarie exec who established its life insurance business has jumped shipped to CommInsure to head up its life product and strategy division.
Sally Phillips, the Macquarie Life divisional director and head of underwriting, claims and insurance will join CommInsure in the position of head of life product and strategy.
Ms Phillips will be responsible for product management, development and strategy across the CommInsure life insurance business, effective 18 January 2016, CommInsure said.
Ms Phillips joined Macquarie Life in 2008, establishing the retail life insurance business.
Prior to joining Macquarie, she was a founding member of one of South Africa's major insurers, Discovery Life.
"Sally's appointment reflects CommInsure Life's focus on innovation and thought leadership," general manager of life product and distribution Craig Harrison said.
"We have a clear direction to revitalise our presence in the retail advice market while building on our strength and recent growth in direct and group insurance.
"Sally's experience and proven ability to deliver growth through innovation further strengthens the new CommInsure life insurance leadership team," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 11:29CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 11:25ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018Former adviser convicted for dishonest conductBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- view all