Advisers who use virtual advice solution SuiteBox will now be able to record and store online meetings, making meeting compliance requirements simpler.
Speaking to ifa's sister publication Adviser Innovation, SuiteBox country manager Ian Dunbar said being able to store and retain virtual meetings is exceedingly beneficial from a compliance perspective.
"Where you've got really crucial conversations occurring, SuiteBox enables you to have a permanent video and voice record of that meeting," Mr Dunbar said.
"It eliminates any future risk of confusion or dispute of what was actually discussed or covered in a conversation," he said.
SuiteBox also now enables advisers to create permanent meeting rooms with clients.
"The concept of this meeting room is that the adviser and client can go in and out of and interact with each other on a continuous basis," Mr Dunbar said.
Virtual advice software gives advisers the opportunity to grow their client base and advance their business by breaking the dependency on physical location, he explained.
"It gives financial advisers the ability to manage relationships that are geographically dispersed from where they are.
"They can pursue growth strategies outside their natural geographic catchment area," he said.
Mr Dunbar added that many advisers are responding positively to the opportunities presented by new technology.
"I'm refreshed as to how many [advisers] there are out there really thinking about how they can grow their client base, grow their reach, become more efficient [and] embrace tools," he said.
"Innovative advisers" understand that technology is disrupting the industry, and as a result, they are positioning themselves to get ahead of it, he concluded.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all