Advisers who use virtual advice solution SuiteBox will now be able to record and store online meetings, making meeting compliance requirements simpler.
Speaking to ifa's sister publication Adviser Innovation, SuiteBox country manager Ian Dunbar said being able to store and retain virtual meetings is exceedingly beneficial from a compliance perspective.
"Where you've got really crucial conversations occurring, SuiteBox enables you to have a permanent video and voice record of that meeting," Mr Dunbar said.
"It eliminates any future risk of confusion or dispute of what was actually discussed or covered in a conversation," he said.
SuiteBox also now enables advisers to create permanent meeting rooms with clients.
"The concept of this meeting room is that the adviser and client can go in and out of and interact with each other on a continuous basis," Mr Dunbar said.
Virtual advice software gives advisers the opportunity to grow their client base and advance their business by breaking the dependency on physical location, he explained.
"It gives financial advisers the ability to manage relationships that are geographically dispersed from where they are.
"They can pursue growth strategies outside their natural geographic catchment area," he said.
Mr Dunbar added that many advisers are responding positively to the opportunities presented by new technology.
"I'm refreshed as to how many [advisers] there are out there really thinking about how they can grow their client base, grow their reach, become more efficient [and] embrace tools," he said.
"Innovative advisers" understand that technology is disrupting the industry, and as a result, they are positioning themselves to get ahead of it, he concluded.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all