Lonsec Research has appointed a former super fund executive as its new chief executive officer.
Effective immediately, Matt Olsen will replace David Erdonmex, who departed the company in June.
In his new role, Mr Olsen will be responsible for managing the research team of 25 investment professionals, overseeing the implementation of Lonsec's robust investment research process for financial advisers, as well as supporting the evolution of its service offering, the company said in a statement.
Mr Olsen was previously chief investment officer for Energy Industries Super Scheme. He brings with him more than 20 years' experience in the financial services industry, including equity analysis, fund manager research and portfolio management, the statement said.
Amanda Gillespie, director of Lonsec Research and joint chief executive of Lonsec Fiscal, said Mr Olsen has the extensive investment and research experience and skills to lead the research business on a continuing path of sustainable growth.
"Matt's expertise lies in his deep understanding of investment markets, hands-on experience analysing both listed securities and critiquing fund managers and critically, working with clients to support implementation of research insights," Ms Gillespie said.
"His established network of relationships with fund managers, financial advisers and super funds also makes him well suited for the role."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all