Lonsec Research has appointed a former super fund executive as its new chief executive officer.
Effective immediately, Matt Olsen will replace David Erdonmex, who departed the company in June.
In his new role, Mr Olsen will be responsible for managing the research team of 25 investment professionals, overseeing the implementation of Lonsec's robust investment research process for financial advisers, as well as supporting the evolution of its service offering, the company said in a statement.
Mr Olsen was previously chief investment officer for Energy Industries Super Scheme. He brings with him more than 20 years' experience in the financial services industry, including equity analysis, fund manager research and portfolio management, the statement said.
Amanda Gillespie, director of Lonsec Research and joint chief executive of Lonsec Fiscal, said Mr Olsen has the extensive investment and research experience and skills to lead the research business on a continuing path of sustainable growth.
"Matt's expertise lies in his deep understanding of investment markets, hands-on experience analysing both listed securities and critiquing fund managers and critically, working with clients to support implementation of research insights," Ms Gillespie said.
"His established network of relationships with fund managers, financial advisers and super funds also makes him well suited for the role."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all