IOOF-owned Shadforth Financial Group has named News Corp Australia's general manager as its new chief executive officer.
Angus Benbow will join Shadforth next month, according to a statement by IOOF.
Prior to heading up News Corp, Mr Benbow held senior leadership roles at Perpetual, Booz and Company and was an officer in the Royal Australian Navy.
IOOF managing director Chris Kelaher said IOOF was delighted to have attracted a candidate of Mr Benbow's calibre.
"Angus' financial services, business strategy and general leadership experience, together with his high-net-worth expertise make him a superb fit for this role," he said.
"His brief is to embrace this consistently performing business and talented team and help lead Shadforth to a new level of accomplishment."
Mr Kelaher also paid tribute to the previous Shadforth chief executive Nick Bedding, who left in late August for a career break. Mr Bedding spent seven years at the helm of the company and almost a year helping it transition to become a member of the IOOF Group, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:02Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 09:37Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 09:49Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all