IOOF-owned Shadforth Financial Group has named News Corp Australia's general manager as its new chief executive officer.
Angus Benbow will join Shadforth next month, according to a statement by IOOF.
Prior to heading up News Corp, Mr Benbow held senior leadership roles at Perpetual, Booz and Company and was an officer in the Royal Australian Navy.
IOOF managing director Chris Kelaher said IOOF was delighted to have attracted a candidate of Mr Benbow's calibre.
"Angus' financial services, business strategy and general leadership experience, together with his high-net-worth expertise make him a superb fit for this role," he said.
"His brief is to embrace this consistently performing business and talented team and help lead Shadforth to a new level of accomplishment."
Mr Kelaher also paid tribute to the previous Shadforth chief executive Nick Bedding, who left in late August for a career break. Mr Bedding spent seven years at the helm of the company and almost a year helping it transition to become a member of the IOOF Group, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- view all